How do I prepare for my appointment?
- Research looks. Take the time to scroll through endless Pinterest/Instagram/Google images of bridal hair and makeup looks. choose and save photos that are consistent with your own hair and facial features. Please keep in mind, that pictures on the internet are photo-shopped, or smoothed out and are taken in better “light” and professionally taken by professional photographer, so please keep this in mind but we will try to replicate it as close as possible.
- Wash your hair the night before (so it has time to regain its natural oils) and don’t put in any product. If you need to do a little taming with a straightener or curling iron, that’s OK—just don’t overdo it. You want your hair to be as natural as possible. ++If you need to wash the day of that’s alright just put some mousse or gel in your beautiful locks after you wash to give your hair a little extra holding power. Then make sure you dry your hair completely as this is key in weatherproofing your hair.
- Have little to no product in your hair, some light styling product would be fine
- Dry hair
- Avoid applying silicone-based products that will weigh down your hair, such as hair glosses and serums.Avoid applying silicone-based products that will weigh down your hair, such as hair glosses and serums.
- Make sure all of your makeup is removed thoroughly and do not use any products at all on your skin.
- Exfoliate skin the night before making sure dead skin is sloughed away
- If you want to look radiant, and remember to spend the week (or at least day before) exercising a good moisturizing and toning routine. Keeping your face and lips moisturized will ensure smooth and even application of makeup, less creasing, and a polished finish.
- Please notify Artist of any skin allergies/sensitivities
- Bring Any Hair Accessories that you might be wearing, Veil, headband, Tiara, pins, bring them!
- Before your stylist arrives, find an ideal spot for her to set up. Consider lighting, the height of available chairs, and proximity to an outlet and number of stylist.
- During your appointment, don’t be afraid to speak your mind and tell your stylist exactly what you want.